Monday, June 27, 2011

Days 9 and 10 Mt. Etna

This trip is hard to explain, never could I have dreamed about what all we would see and do. Mt Etna is an active volcano and on day 9 we biked through lava flats up hills and around the mountain. Biking around the mountain was one of the hardest things I have ever done, I had to keep telling myself to keep going it was worth it in the end. I was proud I only pushed my bike once! The view was incredible you could see so much! It wasn't until day 10 though that I truly appreciated Etna. Standing above the clouds at 2900 meters was such a mix of emotions. You feel so free and the moment will take your breathe away. I couldn't stop thinking about my family and all they have done for me especially Gran, Pops and Moma, they help me climb the mountains in my everyday life and if it wasn't for them I couldn't have reached the top of this mountain. We had a snowball fight on a volcano :) who does that!?!?! On the way down we had a group heart to heart and our little family got even closer. When this dream is over and we get back to reality, it's going to be weird without them!! I will never forget yellin with Niki on top of the volcano and so many other things!! This is truly a dream trip!!

-Jon Farrar

2 comments:

  1. I'm more than proud that you are getting to experience all these things! You are a wonderful son and we are most proud to share this adventure through you. I love you son but I must say I am jealous! So much to see and experience... can't wait to see you and hear all about it in person!
    MOM (the real one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you !! Told mama Lu that tonight. Your missing 7-8 year old softball tournament, and it took the 11-12's 9 innings to win their game in the first round tonight. Hurry back!

    -- the other one

    ReplyDelete



Adventure Details

Duration 15 days
Destinations Athens
Rome
Pompeii
Focus Biology
Culture
Earth Science