Monday, June 27, 2011

A day of excitement

We white water rafted on the Lao river today. At the moment, all I could say was wow. We all had so much fun. The water seemed ice cold on my feet at first, but it let up after I got used to the feeling. There were tons of rapids, and I came close to falling out once. Eventually we came upon a huge waterfall, and we all gathered together beneath it for a picture. It rained gallons of water upon us. It felt great and refreshing. When we rafted further toward the end, we were able to swim in the river. We all jumped in from the raft; it was very cold! It felt as If at any moment I would turn into a block of ice. Despite the sheer cold of the water, we all had a quick swim.
Afterwards, we changed and boarded our bus. We eventually ate lunch, and then ferried our way to the island of Sicily. Tomorrow we bike around the huge volcano, Mt. Etna. I'm excited!

- Austin
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment



Adventure Details

Duration 15 days
Destinations Athens
Rome
Pompeii
Focus Biology
Culture
Earth Science