Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 7

I'm having a lot of fun, it's unbelievable. We've done so many fun things and have seen so many magnificent sights. It's not even half over yet. The attitude and spirit of our group is completely amazing; they allow me to have a great time at every site and enjoy each activity we do. Today we left the ferry, and we were finally in Italy. The first sights were incredible. The sea, the landscape, and so much more. We found out we were going to white water raft tomorrow; I think that everyone is very excited. We saw the most ancient part of Bari, Italy today. This are was full of houses made of stone called Trulli. A unique feature of them is that they have roofs that are coned shaped and made of limestone. Another unique feature is that they were created without the use of cement. People are unable to imitate these structures today without using cement. We also visited a cheese factory and had the chance to help make some. The owners showed us how, and we even got to eat it afterwards. I was great - in my opinion. I am having a great time, and I can't wait until tomorrow!

- Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment



Adventure Details

Duration 15 days
Destinations Athens
Rome
Pompeii
Focus Biology
Culture
Earth Science