Sunday, December 31, 2000

The Fun Never Ends

Yesterday I went white water rafting. Even better, I went white water rafting in Italy. It was both a fun and amazing experience. We had the intensity of the rapids and the beauty of the nature around us. We wore wet suits because the water of the Lao river was very cold, but we still all jumped in when we were told we could. I also was very happy that the raft I was in did not flip, even though we came very close at times. After rafting, we left for a ride in the bus to go to lunch. The ride we believed would take an hour ended up being two hours. We had quite a bit of riding in the bus traveling across the country side, but it was very fun because we made the time pass by all singing songs very loudly. We made it into Catania and we passed what I have been dreading and most concerned about since I've been on the trip: Mount Etna. Today we begin our trek up her as she rolls her black smoke indicating her recent activity.
- Bethany Roberson

No comments:

Post a Comment



Adventure Details

Duration 15 days
Destinations Athens
Rome
Pompeii
Focus Biology
Culture
Earth Science